I need time to pay. Can I get an extension to pay my citation?

Upon entering a plea of no contest or guilty the court can grant a 30-day extension to pay. This option is available on the pamphlet provided to you with the citation. If you fail to pay the full amount within 30 days, the court is required by law to impose a time payment fee of $25 per violation. Requesting an extension to pay will result in the offense being reported as a conviction on your driving record. In some cases the court may grant an extension beyond the initial 30 days.

Show All Answers

1. I just received a citation. What do I do?
2. I am a juvenile or minor. What do I do?
3. I want to plead Not Guilty. What do I do?
4. I would like to speak to someone about my citation. What do I do?
5. When is my court date?
6. What is the difference between a plea of "no contest" and "guilty?"
7. What can I do to keep the offense off my record?
8. I just want to pay my citation. How can I do that?
9. I need time to pay. Can I get an extension to pay my citation?
10. Can my spouse, relative, or employer take care of my citation for me?
11. Will an attorney be assigned to me?
12. Can I call to request a continuance or payment extension?
13. I received my ticket from a State Trooper or Sheriff’s Deputy in Kendall County. Can I take care of it in municipal court?
14. What forms of payment do you accept?