When is my court date?

Your initial appearance is required to be made no later than the date assigned on your citation.  Your initial appearance is to answer to the charge and to enter a plea.  You may do this in person, by fax, or by mail.  You cannot enter an appearance by phone.

Juveniles and Minors (under 21) may require a mandatory appearance before the judge and will be mailed an arraignment notice.  Refer to the special instructions for juveniles and minors listed on the court pamphlet. 

Show All Answers

1. I just received a citation. What do I do?
2. I am a juvenile or minor. What do I do?
3. I want to plead Not Guilty. What do I do?
4. I would like to speak to someone about my citation. What do I do?
5. When is my court date?
6. What is the difference between a plea of "no contest" and "guilty?"
7. What can I do to keep the offense off my record?
8. I just want to pay my citation. How can I do that?
9. I need time to pay. Can I get an extension to pay my citation?
10. Can my spouse, relative, or employer take care of my citation for me?
11. Will an attorney be assigned to me?
12. Can I call to request a continuance or payment extension?
13. I received my ticket from a State Trooper or Sheriff’s Deputy in Kendall County. Can I take care of it in municipal court?
14. What forms of payment do you accept?