Am I allowed to trap wildlife at my home or business?

Yes, you are allowed to use a live trap to trap nuisance wildlife or cats on your property. You can request Animal Care Services set traps for you free of charge by calling the shelter at (830) 249-2456. We set Monday - Thursday and pick up traps on Friday. Residents may also purchase their own live traps and can either bring the trapped animal to the animal shelter at 330 South Esser Rd. or call ACS to pickup at the location. Residents may set traps Sunday night through Thursday and have ACS pick up trapped animals Monday - Friday. We ask residents not trap during weekends or holidays.

Show All Answers

1. I found a pet, what should I do?
2. My neighbor's dog keeps barking. What can I do?
3. I have lost a pet, what should I do?
4. Is my cat/dog required to have a city license even if it is an indoor only pet?
5. Am I allowed to trap wildlife at my home or business?
6. Are cats included in the city leash law?
7. My cat has been causing problems for my neighbors what can I do?
8. What to do about cats causing a public nuisance?
9. Where can I get my pet vaccinated?