Are you looking for ways to maximize your weekdays here in Boerne? There are so many places in town that keep the fun going even when the weekend comes to a close. We are here to let you know that the drinks, the games, the music, and the laughs don’t have to stop. You can enjoy all the fun Boerne has to offer on just about any day of the week! Grab a group of friends or family and get the weeknight Boerne experience!
There are TWO local restaurants that offer weeknight trivia games! Get a group of buddies together and head out for a fun night of food and games. Every Monday night, Cibolo Creek Brewing Company offers trivia starting at 6:30PM. Pitchers of beer are offered at a discounted rate for a fun-filled night of friends and laughter! Sauced Wing Bar also offers trivia on Wednesday nights from 6:30PM-8:30PM. Of course, prizes are available for the winners at both establishments – so study up!
We’ve heard it said that if you don’t love beer, you just haven’t found the right one! Find your flavorite (get it?) beer at any one of the following places that offer tastings and/or flights: The Dodging Duck and Cibolo Creek Brewing Co. both craft their own beer for those who like a little creativity, and Random has 80+ beer selections on tap and offers a variety of customizable flights for those who may want to try to taste them all! Whether you likes malts or blondes, there is sure to be one you will enjoy.
Yard Games –
Looking for the thrill of a close game? Face-off your friends and family in a head-to-head game of corn-hole or “ring-on-a-string” in the open air at Random Beer Garden. If you can’t beat the heat, head to Salvador Dobbs for a night of pool, darts or shuffle board instead! Cibolo Creek Brewing Co. has a Giant Jenga and a Giant Connect Four for those who like a life-size spin on these classic board games!
Live Music –
The live music scene is continuously growing here in Boerne! Thursday thru Sunday at Drink Texas Biergarten, you can catch a wide array of artists playing as you sip and chat. On any given Friday, Peggy’s On The Green offers a live music experience; you can sometimes catch an artist on Thursdays, too! Also, Salvador Dobbs hosts bands every Thursday thru Sunday from 8PM-11PM, and The Dodging Duck just started their Third Thursday Pickers’ Nights! So many options, so many week days – make time for them all!
Kilt Night –
The Dodging Duck is the only place in town that we know of that hosts a special “Kilt Night” event. Every Tuesday night from 6:30PM to 8:30PM, put on your best kilt and enjoy poetry readings, music, dancing, chatting with other fellow kilters, PLUS $2 off your beer and wine for the event! You’re bound to have a night you won’t forget, and who knows – maybe you’ll become a regular!
Happy Hour –
For those that love the classic Happy Hour, we saved the best for last! Look for your favorite happy hour spot below:
- Peggy’s On The Green – Wednesdays and Thursday from 3:00PM-7:00PM, you can get discounted drinks AND full service at the bar.
- Drink Texas Biergarten – Monday-Friday until 8:00PM, prices range from $3 to $10+ for drinks.
- Cibolo Creek Brewing Co. – Weekdays from 3:00PM-6:00PM get a $1 off beer and wine!
- Cypress Grille – Tuesday thru Thursday from 5:00PM-7:00PM is half priced beer and wine.
- Random – Happy Hour is every day here until 6PM; $3 domestic drafts, $2 sangria, and a 15% discount to service industry workers! They also have pint nights! Keep an eye out on their Facebook calendar for dates!
- Sauced Wing Bar – Every Monday thru Friday from 2PM-7PM! Pair this with trivia!
- Salvador Dobbs – Daily Happy Hour from 3PM-7PM including $1 off wells, drafts, house wines, shot specials and more.
- Dodging Duck – Known as “Ducky Hour”, Monday thru Friday from 3PM-6PM; $2 for pint beers, $1 off wine, and discounted appetizers!
Written by: Erika Yount, Boerne Convention and Visitors Bureau Admin