The most romantic day of the year is right around the corner again! That’s right fellas, Valentine’s Day 2019 is here. Don’t panic. If you haven’t figured out what to do to celebrate, we’ve got plenty of date ideas your significant other is sure to love. The best part is: you can do all of these things right here in Boerne. We’ve got ideas from a high-end evening to a relaxed day-date, and each activity is paired with a restaurant suggestion or two. So there’s something in here for every couple out there. P.S. Mixing and matching is perfectly acceptable, too!
Laid-Back & Casual
If you’re the couple who likes to lay low, these are the dates for you.
- On a second Saturday, from 12:00 noon to 3:00PM, tour the historic Kuhlmann-King house. Learn about the wonders of the old home and the enchanting past of a Boerne family.
- If history isn’t your thing, Boerne has a lot of opportunities to experience art, too! The Makers Place is the perfect place to get creative and paint ceramics for each other, or opt for canvas art!
- When that’s done, stroll through some of Boerne’s art galleries like Gallery 195, Texas Fine Art Treasures, or the Carriage House Gallery to see the work of artists from around the country.
- After that, grab an Art Al Fresco map here at the Visitors Center and make a scavenger hunt out of discovering the art sculptures around Boerne!
All of that should work up a pretty good appetite. Next, chow down on worldly cuisine and craft beer for lunch at the Dodging Duck Brewhaus, or stop into Boerne Epicure for delicious creations from their fresh deli! There’s plenty of tasty treats to shop for in there too!
Fun & Adventurous
These date ideas are more for the thrill-seeking couples!
Share a banana split at Sugar Shack, or build your own frozen yogurt at Kelani Yogurt for a mid-day sweet treat. For dinner, get an authentic German meal from the Little Gretel Restaurant.
Rugged & Outdoorsy
Sometimes, the most romantic dates include the serene surroundings of Mother Nature herself. Get back to basics with these ideas!
- Take a hike beside the water at the Guadalupe River State Park, just 15 minutes from Boerne up Highway 46, or have your choice of walking trails at the Cibolo Center for Conservation.
- Try your hand at fishing along River Road Park, all the while admiring the local duck residents. Just remember to bring your own gear!
- Horseback riding is always romantic, not to mention SUPER Texan. Diamond C Stables and Stricker Trail Rides offer great prices, and breathtaking trail rides!
- Enjoy a cave tour through Boerne’s Cave Without A Name or Cascade Caverns.
- Save the last part of your day for the best in Texas sunsets atop the dam at Boerne City Lake Park. It’s a perfect chance for photos to commemorate Valentine’s Day!
This date will definitely work up your appetite, so we paired it with grub that’s sure to satisfy you! Burgers and beer from the Cibolo Creek Brewing Co. are the perfect pairing for a day spent outdoors. Some good old Texas barbecue is always good for replenishment of expended energy (and the soul too, can I get an Amen?).
Chic & Romantic
This is your classic Valentine’s date. We’ve got just the itinerary for the more traditional folks!
- Begin the romance by getting a couple’s massage at Puresol Spa.
- After that, enjoy wine by the glass at Boerne Wine Company. Get lost in the Italian atmosphere while you choose from their extensive wine selection. Maybe take a bottle as a souvenir to remember this special occasion!
- Check out the Boerne Performing Arts schedule and plan your date night around their February performance.
Fine dining in Boerne is great because you get all the big city taste in the comfort of a small town. Not to mention the food portions at these establishments ensure you go home feeling stuffed! Weather dependent, opt for indoor or outdoor seating at Peggy’s On The Green, owned by Chef Mark Bohanan of Bohanan’s Prime Steak and Seafood in San Antonio, or The Creek Restaurant, known for their delightful rendition on Shrimp Tampico. The Cypress Grille has an excellent wine selection as well as delicious soups, salads and entrees. Valeria Ristorante Italiano brings the authentic tastes of Italy with fresh, local ingredients every time, and a wine paired especially for your meal.
We hope we didn’t leave you disappointed! As a disclaimer, remember that each of these restaurants and businesses have their own hours of operation, and not every date idea will necessarily work all in the same day. Pick a day to celebrate, look into all of your options, and make a Valentine’s date that is tailored just for you and your significant other!
Written by: Erika Yount, Boerne Convention and Visitors Bureau Admin