School’s out and summer is HERE! Now what are you going to do? We’ve done the research for you. Here is your official summer check list for things to do here in Boerne. No matter what your travel style, there is something for everyone on this list. Don't forget to tag us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram while you are out and about. Get ready. Get set. Go have fun!
1. Grab something sweet from Bear Moon Bakery. Also, make sure to stand under the vent out on the sidewalk and prepare to be showered with the warm fragrance of all that is wonderful within their kitchen.
2. Climb up and take a seat in the GIANT chairs in A Little Nature Store’s garden. It’s a fun photo op! Also, check out the Free Little Library while you are there.
3. Bring a chair or a blanket and catch a Movie in the Park courtesy of the Boerne Parks and Recreation Department. Check the schedule for a list of titles and locations.
4. Snap a selfie with Wild Bill Hickok in front of the Gazebo at Main Plaza while shopping along the Hill Country Mile. Use #boerne when you post to social media!
5. Take in a stunning sunset atop the dam at Boerne City Lake Park. It really is an awesome sight to see.
6. Bounce ‘til your heart’s content at Random. Yes, adults can bounce too at designated times!
7. Hop on a paddleboard from Hill Country Paddle Sports and get a solid core work out at Boerne City Lake Park. Don’t be intimidated, paddle boarding is much easier than it looks!
8. Visit four distinct ecosystems in one park at the Cibolo Nature Center and Farm.
9. Peruse Boerne Market Days on Main Plaza every second weekend of the month.
10. Tour one of the oldest homesteads in Kendall County. The Herff Farm homestead is open for tours during the Farmers Market at the Cibolo.
11. Take a Brew Tour. There are four breweries to choose from in Boerne. Pick one, or visit them all!
12. Explore the closest Texas State Park. Guadalupe River State Park is a hop, skip and a jump from Downtown Boerne off HWY 46.
13. Drool over awesome cars at one of the regular Hot Rod Nights at Soda Pops Patio Bar and Grill. If you have your own sweet ride, feel free to bring it out and add it to the line up!
14. Jam out to some awesome bands at The Roundup Outdoor Music Venue. They are kid and pet friendly, so bring the whole crew!
15. Attend an Abendkonzert to have the quintessential Boerne summer experience! The Boerne Village Band is the longest continually playing German band outside of Germany and they play several shows throughout the summer on Main Plaza.
16. Grab an authentic Czech made kolache at Little Gretel Restaurant. The rest of their menu is pretty awesome too!
17. Shop the Hill Country Mile! Need we say more?
18. Become an official “River Rat” while tubing or kayaking on the Guadalupe River. Put in and get out up in Comfort or over in Bergheim.
19. Head below ground at Cave Without a Name or Cascade Caverns (or both). You may even see a “cave kitten,” AKA a bat.
20. Check out the new Art al Fresco public art installations around town. Pick up a map at the Boerne Visitor Center or download it from the website.
21. Share a slice of the best pie in Texas (unofficially) at Bumdoodlers and Geri’s Pies.
22. Relax in a SALT CAVE at PureSol Spa!
23. Step back in time and take a historic walking tour through downtown Boerne! Guided tours are available through Boerne Walking Tours. The tour is a 90 min. journey through Boerne’s storied past. Another history-centric option is to download a free self-guided tour through town.
24. Play cowboys and cowgirls while on a horseback trail ride through the hills.
25. Hop on a food tour. You won’t travel more than 2 blocks without tasting something scrumptious on the Hill Country Food Tour.
26. Order a snow cone at Sno Biz Hawaiian Shaved Ice or grab a latte at The Dienger Trading Co. and walk along the Cibolo Trail. The trail hugs the Cibolo Creek from Main Plaza all the way to City Park but it’s easy to hop on and off the trail throughout town.
Written by: Tori Bellos, Boerne Visitor Center Marketing Specialist