The Boerne Police Department held an officer promotion ceremony Jan. 21, 2022, that marked several firsts in the department’s history.
The ceremony included the promotion of seven officers, including the first promotions of women officers in department history. It also marked the first time an officer at the Boerne Department has received the rank of corporal. Lastly, the elevation in rank of seven officers makes this the largest promotion ceremony in department history.
One officer was promoted to sergeant and six officers were promoted to corporal. The six officers promoted to corporal are the first in the history of Boerne PD to hold that rank.
Interim Police Chief Jeff Page said the addition of the corporal rank establishes a new level of leadership by promoting those officers who want to lead and who have shown through their abilities and competitive testing to be fit for the role.
“Sergeant and corporal are the two most important ranks in the department,” Page said. “You have the most interaction with other officers, to help them with their development, personal goals, and department goals. You are also the communication link between officers and management.”
City Manager Ben Thatcher told the officers their promotions are an indication of their dedication to the department and their commitment to knowing their craft.
“I’m glad we are able to do this for our community, for the department, and for you as individual officers,” Thatcher said. “The addition of a corporal rank puts these officers in a different lane as the department continues to invest in leadership.”
See a full list below of each officer who was promoted at the January ceremony. Click here to watch the ceremony.
Khalid Alabaidi – Sergeant
Sgt. Alabaidi began his career with Boerne PD in 2015 as a probationary police officer. Career highlights include:
- 5 Notices of Merit
- Earned bachelor’s degree (2018) and master’s degree (2020) in criminal justice
- Serves as Army reservist after 8 years active duty
- Certified as Tactical Driving Instructor and Sniper
Pedro Moncada – Corporal
Cpl. Moncada began his career in law enforcement in 1998 and joined Boerne PD in 2004.
- 32 Notices of Merit, Life Saving Award, and Meritorious Conduct Award
- Member of K-9 Unit
- Served as Field Training Officer, Standardized Field Sobriety Instructor, Member of Negotiations Team
- Certified TCOLE Instructor
Lisa Rowe – Corporal
Cpl. Rowe began her career in law enforcement in 2009 and joined Boerne PD in 2012. Career highlights include:
- Top Gun Award
- 11 notices of merit
- Promoted to detective in 2015, focusing on narcotics
Douglas Meuth – Corporal
Cpl. Meuth began his career with the Boerne PD in 2009 as a patrolman. Career highlights include:
- Basic SWAT Certification
- Assigned to Emergency Response Team
- Assigned to Boerne High School as School Resource Officer (SRO)
- 30 notices of merit and commendations, 2 Life Saving Awards
Bowen Patton – Corporal
Cpl. Patton began his career in law enforcement in 2011 and joined Boerne PD in 2013. Career highlights include:
- Officer of the Year in 2014
- Appointed Assistant Team Leader of the Emergency Response Team
- TCOLE Instructor Certification, Patrol Rifle Instructor, and Defensive Tactics Instructor
Brandon Goudreau – Corporal
Cpl. Goudreau began his career with Boerne PD in 2017 as a probationary police officer. Career highlights include:
- Assigned as Field Training Officer in 2017
- Assigned to Emergency Response Team as team sniper
- 8 notices of merit, 3 Life Saving Awards
- Office of the Year in 2018
- Member of K-9 Unit since 2019
Cheyenne Weber – Corporal
Cpl. Weber began her career with Boerne PD as a probationary officer in 2010. Career highlights include:
- Officer of the Year in 2014
- 16 Notices of Merit
- 5 Top Gun Awards
- Served in numerous critical incidents as supervisor