We are looking for a candidate who is also a team player, enthusiastic, pleasant, focused, adaptable, & customer service oriented.
Primarily responsible for providing library services to patrons. Work involves responsibility for routine circulation, shelf maintenance & clerical functions using automated system. Duties include locating & checking materials in & out, providing information & technology assistance, registering new patrons, shelving library materials, handling money, inputting data, & assisting with special projects. Also required to make independent decisions as dictated by library policies.
- Knowledge of municipal library operations.
- Knowledge of library management systems.
- Knowledge of the Dewey Decimal System.
- Ability to work well with adults, teens, & children.
- Ability to perform simple math.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in both oral & written communication.
- Ability to provide customer service, including technology assistance & strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to type accurately & demonstrate proficiency in using Microsoft Office products, financial transaction software, Web-based programs & the internet.
- Ability to assist patrons with a wide variety of operating systems, software, & devices.
- Ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships with organizations, schools, employees, & the general public.
- Ability to move items up to 50 pounds.
High school diploma, or its equivalent. Experience relevant to the duties & responsibilities to the position, including computer literacy.
Salary: $15.83 hourly
20 hours per week. M-F, 9am to 1pm or 2pm to 6pm with occasional Saturdays and evenings until 7pm.
Closing Date: October 8, 2021