The Boerne/Kendall County COVID-19 vaccine HUB is resuming operations with a vaccine distribution event on Thursday, September 23, 2021. The event will be held from 8 a.m. - noon at the Cana Ballroom at St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church (202 W Kronkosky St. in Boerne).
This site will continue to host monthly vaccine events until further notice. Dates, times and registration for future events will be announced at a later time.
The site will only administer the Moderna vaccine and is open to eligible persons seeking a:
- First dose
- Second dose
- Third dose booster shot
Register to Get a Vaccine
Registration for this event will open Tuesday, September 15, 2021. Use the link below to register. Upon successfully signing up for an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email.
Click here to register for the vaccine event.
Booster Shots / Third Dose
Currently, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive a booster shot. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last two years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting a third dose is appropriate for them.
The vaccine HUB is also preparing for a Moderna booster shot to be approved for the general population in the coming weeks.
What to Bring
Those seeking a vaccine are asked to bring a government issued identification card, if available. If you are receiving a second or third dose, please bring your vaccination card.
As a reminder, anyone who is unable to attend the September 23 event and still needing the vaccine should contact their primary care physician, H-E-B, Walmart, CVS or My Urgent Care Boerne on River Road to schedule an appointment that accommodates their schedule.
Visit the City of Boerne's COVID-19 Resource Page.