The Boerne/Kendall County COVID-19 vaccine HUB is resuming operations with a vaccine distribution event on Thursday, September 23, 2021. The event will be held from 8 a.m. - noon at the Cana Ballroom at St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church (202 W Kronkosky St. in Boerne).
This site will continue to host monthly vaccine events until further notice. Dates, times and registration for future events will be announced at a later time.
The site will only administer the Moderna vaccine and is open to eligible persons seeking a:
- First dose
- Second dose
- Third dose booster shot
Register to Get a Vaccine
Registration for this event will open Tuesday, September 15, 2021. Use the link below to register. Upon successfully signing up for an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email.
Click here to register for the vaccine event.
Booster Shots / Third Dose
Currently, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive a booster shot. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last two years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting a third dose is appropriate for them.
While the Moderna third dose is currently only available to immunocompromised people, the city and county are preparing to offer it to the general public in the coming weeks upon pending recommendations by the CDC.
What to Bring
Those seeking a vaccine are asked to bring a government issued identification card, if available. If you are receiving a second or third dose, please bring your vaccination card.
As a reminder, anyone who is unable to attend the September 23 event and still needing the vaccine should contact their primary care physician, H-E-B, Walmart, CVS or My Urgent Care Boerne on River Road to schedule an appointment that accommodates their schedule.
Visit the City of Boerne's COVID-19 Resource Page.