Our Patrick Heath Public Library was recently cited by the Texas Municipal Library Directors Association for the 2020 Achievement of Excellence in Libraries Award.
The award recognizes 10 areas of service and outstanding contributions our library makes to our community and this year only 56 libraries across the state were recognized.
To receive the award a library must submit any application that shows they exhibit excellence in 10 service areas which include:
- Provide services to under served populations either through outreach, special programs, collaborations with other libraries or organizations, special classes, special collections, etc.
- Provide enhanced service to the public during the past year either through increase in service or a change in type of services.
- Provide current marketing materials highlighting basic services and publicity about specific programs the library offers.
- Provide cultural, topical, and educational programming for adults and families.
- Provide literacy support for all ages.
- Conduct a Summer Reading Program; youth, teen and/or adult.
- Invest in collaborative efforts with community organizations.
- Support workforce development.
- Support digital inclusion by providing public internet access, digital literacy training, and offering library services online.
- Establish professional staff training to include training opportunities for staff at all levels.
So, come flex your mental muscles at the library and check out our growing collections!