Who’s ready for an adventure? It’s been a full year since life with Corona started and it’s time for something NEW! A lot of growth and innovation has blossomed here in Boerne recently, so if it’s been a while since your last trip, it’s time to return!
Keep reading for the highlights on the new food, new fun, and new brews that can be found in Boerne this spring. Kids of all ages will appreciate these additions while exploring all that Boerne has to offer families looking to branch out and explore during Spring Break this year.
The Cibolo Center for Conservation (formerly known as the Cibolo Nature Center) has deployed 2 new programs to help children and families continue to foster curiosity and a love for the natural world around them while being mindful of the need for social distancing.
- Cibolo Nature Hikes – Scavenger Hunt – Call or e-mail (830-249-4616) for a map that includes activities and QR codes that link to videos throughout the trails. This activity can be done at your own pace, covers about ½ of a mile, and takes about 2 hours. It’s ideal for families with kids between the ages of 4 and 12, but is a blast for nature enthusiasts of any age!
- Junior Trailblazers – Nature Backpacks - Rent or buy your adventure backpack to explore and earn Junior Trailblazer badges. The themes of the adventure backpacks change throughout the year; currently, it is “Insect Adventure”! The tools and activities will change with the theme.
Have you heard of Story Walks? They have become popular on trails and in outdoor spaces this past year. As participants enjoy their walk, they will come upon each page of the featured book until they have completed the entire story.
- Located just down the road on Hwy. 46 is Guadalupe River State Park. In recent months they have added a “Story Walk” to the trail behind the Discovery Center. The tales change regularly, so if you’ve already read one this year, make plans to return for a new featured book. Secure your day passes online in advance as spring break will be a popular time to visit the park.
- The Patrick Heath Public Library team writes and illustrates original stories for their walk along the Old No. 9 Trail. During the month of March, guests can expect to read about “Little Annie’s Big Adventure”. Access the trail behind the library for the book’s starting point.
Richter Cork and Keg has completely reimagined their menu this month! Guests can now order international selections including Scottish Salmon, Shrimp Ceviche, Thai Chicken Wraps, and they will be announcing their Sushi Roll selection this week. While there, be sure to try their new Sake tasting flight and cocktail.
Sweet treats enhance any outing. New to Boerne’s Spring Break lineup is Roc-N-Rita and The Stand. Both will be opening very soon!
- Frozen margaritas and piña coladas will be available to go for sipping while strolling the Hill Country Mile courtesy of the 1950s themed Roc-N-Rita.
- Everybody’s favorite snow cone stand at the corner of Main St. and HWY-46 is being revamped this season and will be reopening with loads of surprises and a new name; The Stand.
The Boerne-area’s brewery lineup has grown again too!
- Barrelman Brewing Co.’s doors recently opened, and their taps have started pouring liquid gold. This nano-brewery serves beer, wine, and tasty snacks including charcuterie boards, Bavarian pretzels, and loaded brats.
- Kinematic Brewing Co. reopened in their new location a few months ago and they have gotten very creative to keep their doors open. Reach out to them to make a reservation online for one of their “Holiday Creek Picnic Areas” so you can stay, sip, and play at the Brewery. Times and spaces are limited so book early.
We hope to see you here in Boerne very soon! If you have any questions or need assistance crafting your Boerne Adventure please feel free to reach out to the Boerne Visitors Center. We are here to help!
Written by Tori Bellos, Marketing, Boerne Convention and Visitors Bureau
Have you subscribed to this News Flash yet? Scroll back up to the top of this page and select "Notify Me" in the tan box to the right and you won’t miss a thing.