Who’s ready to feel like a kid again this Christmas season with a nighttime drive around Boerne looking at lights? Boerne residents and businesses have stepped up their holiday lighting game this year, so pour your hot cocoa and get ready to load up the car.
- The City and retailers never disappoint when it comes to decorating the Hill Country Mile! If you want to get out and stroll, feel free to park at the Boerne Visitors Center or along Main Street to take it all in!
- The Jones’ CHRISTmas Ranch is now known nationwide as the runner-up winner to The Great Christmas Light Fight in 2020! They have moved to a ranch just north of Boerne and the display is bigger and better than ever! 2.5 million lights will be on and set to music every night starting November 18th, so be sure to tune to 94.5 FM while you make your way through the property! – 43360 IH-10 W.
- The Hinojosa Family has been known to go all out with their exterior lighting display and this year they are claiming that this is the biggest and brightest show yet with approximately 140 hours worth of setup work! Check out their Facebook page for details and preview videos! – 140 Shadow Knolls
- First Baptist Church is hosting Boerne Bright this year on their campus. This is a free, walk-through Christmas light experience with over 200,000 lights synced to holiday music. Enjoy some hot cocoa with your loved ones and let the kids play on the secured playground. - 631 S. School St
- Christmas Lights at the Crumbling Castle is locates just north of Boerne, so pile in and head for the hills! This festive display has countless lights to drive through and is located between Boerne and Comfort. - 571 FM 289, Comfort
- Old West Christmas Light Fest is not exclusively a drive-through event! There's so much more beyond the lights along the long driveway as you approach the parking lot. There's an entire decked-out lighted old west town. Once out of your car, say “howdy” to Santa, stroll through the town, play laser tag in the lights, roast marshmallows by a campfire, or even ride a mechanical bull! Tickets to this lighted adventure are available online. – 242 TX-46
- Every year the Boerne Parks and Recreation Department hosts the Parade of Lights Residential and Commercial Lighting Contest. Noteworthy neighborhoods that have historically entered the “Best Neighborhood” category include Woodside Village and Village Oaks. Both are located off Blanco Rd. here in Boerne. The past winners are listed online now and a map of all the entered addresses for 2021 will be published later in December. This tool is sure to aid you in your quest for the best Christmas lights in town!
Written by: Tori Bellos, Boerne Visit Boerne Marketing Specialist