"Information technology is what drives the daily operations on all service levels and makes it easier for the City to provide information to our citizens."
Who we are
The Information Technology Team contributes enormous value to the workings and operations of the City of Boerne Government and Utility offices. Information technology is used in public safety, capital planning, utilities, transportation, accounting, payroll, inventory management, and more.
The City of Boerne Information Technology Department is responsible for the following:
- Improve the efficiency of City services and deploy technologies that improve intra-office processes.
- Support city staff by providing by procuring equipment for all city departments.
- Deliver technology solutions that put information and access directly into citizens’ hands, when and where they want it. Pushing the possibilities of technology to help the City become truly connected with the community.
- Improving and protecting the security of City data and City facility infrastructure by using an adaptive security approach that treats risk, trust and security as a continuous and adaptive process that anticipates and mitigates constantly evolving cyber threats.
- Operation and maintenance of all data, video, and communication infrastructure, including all related equipment and software.
- Support of all technology hardware, software, security, wireless and wired networks, surveillance equipment, wired and wireless communications, websites, and meeting recording technology for all city departments and City Council.
Mike was born and raised in Kendall County and started employment with the City of Boerne in 1997 as a Utilities Meter Reader. He demonstrated his abilities, receiving multiple promotions and becoming the Information Technology Director in 2011.
Mike has an Associate’s Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology from Hallmark University. He is a Certified Government Chief Information Officer and maintains several certifications in Information Technology and Security.
As an active member of the Texas Association a Governmental Information Technology Managers (TAGITM), he is a Facilitator of the San Antonio Area Region Member group.