Guilty Plea / No Contest

Boerne Municipal Court gavel

About Guilty Pleas

With a plea of guilty, you admit the act is prohibited by law and that you committed the act charged. A plea of guilty may be used against you later in a civil suit if there was a traffic accident (another party can say you were at fault or responsible for the accident because you plead guilty to the traffic charge). A plea of no contest means that you do not contest the State's charge against you. A plea of no contest may not be used against you in a subsequent civil suit for damages. With a plea of guilty or no contest you have the following options:

Pay Fine (Conviction)

  • Pay fine in full. Payment in full online or by phone constitutes a plea of "no contest" and will result in the offense being reported as a conviction. Pay online or call (866) 361-2678.
  • Request a 30 day extension to pay. A time-payment fee of $15.00 will be added to each violation that is not paid within 30 days). Complete the Extension Form (PDF).
  • Payment Methods: You may pay in person, by mail, or by credit card by phone (866) 361-2678, or online. We accept cash, checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Please make checks or money orders payable to Boerne Municipal Court.

Driving Safety Course

If you were charged with a moving violation you may be eligible to take a six-hour driving safety course or motorcycle operator's course in order to dismiss the charge. The request must be made on or before the appearance date noted on your citation. You must receive court approval prior to taking the course. The violation will be dismissed if you successfully complete the driving safety course and submit a certified copy of your driver record as maintained by the Department of Public Safety in Austin within 90 days of your approval date.


  • Have NOT taken a course within the 12 months preceding the date of the citation.
  • Have a valid Texas driver's license or military identification card.
  • Have current proof of auto insurance.
  • Pay fees. Fees are $144.00 OR $169.00 if the offense occurred in a school zone.


  • Held a commercial driver's license at the time cited or hold one now.
  • Speeding 25 mph or more over the posted speed limit.
  • Speeding in a construction zone while workers were present.
  • Passing a school bus.
  • Accident involving damage to a vehicle.
  • Failed to give information and render aid.

Approved Course Providers

A list of approved course providers can be found at:

Read and submit the Driving Safety Course Request Form (PDF).

Deferred Disposition (DD)

DD is a probation period up to 180 days in which the judge requires the defendant to adhere to certain conditions. If you successfully comply with all of the judge's orders, then the violation will be dismissed. If you do not successfully comply with all of the judge's orders, then the offense will be reported as a conviction, and in some cases will result in a license suspension.


  • If you are under the age of 18, you must appear before the judge to request DD.
  • If you are under the age of 25 and cited for a moving violation, you will also be required to complete a driving safety course as a condition of the DD.
  • You are NOT eligible for DD if you held a commercial driver's license at the time the offense was committed or if you hold a commercial driver's license now, and the offense relates to motor vehicle control.
  • If requesting DD for No Insurance you must obtain and submit your new policy card with your request.

Read and submit the Deferred Disposition Request Form (PDF).