The mission of the Human Resources Department is to provide a strategic partnership with the City Manager’s Office in support of the organization’s Core Values to enable all City of Boerne employees to reach their maximum potential to ensure the overall success of the organization.
Core services provided by the Human Resources Department consist of the following:
- Communicate information in a candid and fair manner.
- Advocate for a safe, healthy, and secure environment.
- Provide a comprehensive benefits package to attract and retain employees.
- Educate, train, and develop employees in order to achieve success for both the employee and the organization.
- Administer and effectively communicate sound policies and procedures that treat all employees equally while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Create and maintain an organizational culture that promotes a high level of employee morale by being responsive through employee engagement activities.
Human Resources plays a critical role in organizational culture, strategic planning, workplace safety, and risk management. Our customers are both internal and external and include employees, job candidates, elected officials, and residents.
We believe our employees are our most valuable asset and we strive to improve their overall experience with the organization. As a service-oriented department, customer service is our top priority. Many efforts are focused on employee engagement to create a positive atmosphere where employees can thrive with an ultimate goal of becoming an employer of choice.
The City of Boerne is recognized as a Best-In-Class Employer in Gallagher’s U.S. Benefits Strategy and Benchmarking Survey.
The City was recognized for strategic investments in benefits, compensation, and employee communication to support the health, financial security, and career growth of its employees at a sustainable cost structure.