- City Secretary
“Functioning much like the Secretary of State, the City Secretary is the local official who maintains the integrity of the election process, ensures transparency and access to city records, facilitates the city’s legislative process, and is the recorder of local government history." - Lori Carroll, City Secretary
Who We Are
The city secretary is an officer of the city, appointed by the City Manager. The position of city secretary is a statutory position required by state law and the City Charter. The City Secretary acts as the compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes, including the Open Meetings Act and the Public Information Act, and serves as the filing authority for campaign finance reports and financial disclosure statements.
The Office of the City Secretary’ supports, facilitates and strengthens the City of Boerne’s governmental processes by:
- Performing all functions and duties of the office of the City Secretary; including attending all meetings of the City Council, documentation and records official City Council minutes, ordinances, resolutions, and other related business, and maintains official city records, gathering information for City Council agendas and prepares meeting packets, meeting all legal posting requirements, as provided for by law or as required by City Ordinances.
- Prepares for and conducts municipal and special elections, including necessary resolutions and ordinances, ensuring that legal requirements are met.
- Oversees insurance coverage for property, liability, and worker’s compensation.
- Serves as Records Management Officer, coordinating retention and destruction of records as necessary.
- Serves as the Public Information Officer, responding to Public Information Requests and maintaining documentation. Click to fill out an online Open Records request form.
- Assists the City Council in fulfilling its duties and responsibilities.
Ms. Carroll is a certified City Secretary through the Texas Municipal Clerks Certification Program at the University of North Texas.
- Past secretary / treasurer of the Boerne Chamber of Commerce
- Past treasurer of the Kendall County Child Services Board
- Member of St. Peter the Apostle Church