Support our Parks
The Adopt-A-Park program invites local organizations to support Boerne Parks and Recreation through a variety of volunteer opportunities that preserve and protect our parks and open spaces.
The Adopt-A-Park program is designed to accommodate a variety of needs, budgets, and philanthropic goals. Commitment of personnel, facilities, supplies/materials, and other requirements will be mutually agreed upon in writing.
- Park and facility enhancement: pick up litter, paint furniture, maintain landscaping, beautify facility
- Education programs: instructor, guide, mentor, leader for a program, workshop
- Environmental protection: remove invasive species and/or re-vegetate areas with native plants, install erosion controls, plant and/or support a tree planting by installing irrigation, care for existing trees by spreading mulch, monitor tree conditions, create wildlife habitat
- Capital improvements: fund, design, develop, and install a park or facility improvement project, i.e. shade structure, picnic table, a trail, erosion control structure, landscaping
Volunteers must be able to:
- commit to a minimum of one year of service,
- organize a community based volunteer group,
- provide quarterly reports, and
- document volunteer hours and financial contributions or donations.
The Boerne Parks and Recreation Department will:
- acknowledge adoption with an identification sign after a minimum of 100 hours of service,
- confer with volunteers to provide information, options, examples, guidance, support, encouragement,
- monitor improvements, and
- review and consider proposals.
The application is the first step to getting started, but does not constitute approval to commence work on or for any City parkland. Please submit the Commitment Form and Application and Release Form by email to Parks and Recreation or by mail to:
Boerne Parks and Recreation
P.O. Box 1677
Boerne, TX 78006
If you are interested in this program, please submit the following forms:
Current Adopt-A-Park Partners
Boerne Parks and Recreation is thankful for the support of our current Adopt-A-Park partner organizations and their many hours of service to our parks and open spaces.
VFW Post 688
VFW Post 688 has adopted City Lake Park, River Road Park, and Veterans Plaza.
The Boerne FC Thunder soccer club has adopted City Park.