Parks and Recreation hosts skate battles at the Boerne Skate Park, where competitors tackle the plaza-style park. Show the judges your best 90-second run on the park's stair sets, ledges, rails, and quarter pipes.
Age groups are 8 and under, 12 and under, 17 and under, and 18 and up.
Rules and Guidelines
All participants of the competition must agree to the following rules and guidelines:
- A helmet will be worn at all times while skating. This includes warmup times and during competition. Failure to wear a helmet will result in removal from the competition without a refund.
- All competitors will refrain from language that may be deemed offensive. This is for the benefit of observers who would like to bring their children to an event appropriate for the family. Failure to comply will result in the removal of the individual from the competition without a refund.
- All competitors must be registered with Texas Amateur Athletic Federation (TAAF). All competitors must register in their age groups. Failure to comply will result in the removal of the competition without a refund.
- All competitors must be amateur status, a non-sponsor or paid professional skater.
- Each skater will be assigned a number bib that must be worn during the entire competition.
- Skaters will have 90 seconds to skate and 90 seconds in the finals.
- The top four skaters will advance to division finals.
The next Skate Battle has not been announced but will be held in the spring. Once the date is posted, you can download the registration form and bring it to competition or sign up in person on the day of the event.
Entry fees include the TAAF membership, which is required to participate in skateboard competitions at the local and state level.
Follow Parks and Recreation on Facebook and Instagram and check out the calendar to stay up to date on upcoming events. Call the Parks and Recreation office at (830) 248-1635 if you have any other questions about this event.