Chief of Police
Who We Are
"This community is a wonderful place to live, work, and raise your family while enjoying the small town atmosphere. We are dedicated to being involved with those that we serve which has resulted in overwhelming support of the men and women serving this community."
Chief Jim Kohler
The police department responds to all emergency and non-emergency calls within our jurisdiction.
- 1988- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Southwest Texas State University.
- 1996- Bill Blackwood Law Enforcement Management Institute (LEMIT) (Class#22).
- 2001 Master Peace Officer Certificate
- 2004 Academic Achievement Award from TX Commission on Law Enforcement
- 2005-2006 Command Staff Leadership Series (LEMIT).
- 2007- FBI National Academy (Class#231).
- 2011-Leading by Legacy (International Association Chiefs of Police).
- 2011- Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice, with Honors (American Military University).
- 2013-2018: Texas Police Chief Leadership Series
- Plus numerous letters of commendation, certifications, and leadership awards.
- Neighborhood Video Partnership Program
- Housewatch Program
- K9 Program
- Home Inspections
- CRASE Training: Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events
- Alice Training: Alert Lockdown Inform Counter Evacuate
- School Resource Officers (SROs): partnership with Boerne Independent School District
- ALL are listed on website, in addition, we have links to other services.
It is important to remember that we serve the citizens of this community and those that visit; therefore, we ask for your help in keeping this community safe. I invite everyone to follow us on social media (Facebook) and provide us feedback so we can strive to provide the excellent service that everyone deserves from their police department.