- Boards and Commissions
- Zoning Board of Adjustment and Appeals (BOA)
Zoning Board of Adjustment and Appeals (BOA)
The Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals (BOA) is established by ordinance of the City of Boerne. Its responsibilities include:
- To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is error in any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official in enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance;
- To hear and decide special exceptions to the term of the Zoning Ordinance in those specific instances, if any, where allowed by the Ordinance;
- To authorize upon appeal in specific cases, such variances from the terms of the Ordinance as will not be contrary to the public interest, where owing to special conditions, a literal enforcement of the provisions of the Ordinance will result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the sprint of the Ordinance shall be observed and substantial justice done. In exercising the above mentioned powers of the Board may, in conformity with the provisions of the Ordinance, reverse or affirm wholly or partly, or may modify the order, requirement, decision or determination, appealed from and make such order, requirement, decision or determination as ought to be made, and to that end shall have all the powers of the officer from whom the appeal is taken; and
- To hear variance requests to the City of Boerne Building Codes.
BOA members meet at 5:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month, unless a request, exception, or appeal is not submitted. Special meetings may also be called by the chairman of the board. Meetings are held in the Council Chambers at City Hall – 447 N. Main Street in Boerne.
The Zoning Board of Adjustment and Appeals (BOA) is comprised of five regular members and four alternate members, each appointed by the mayor and approved by City Council to serve two-year terms. The chairman and vice chairman positions are appointed by the mayor and approved by City Council. BOA members elect the secretary.
|Member Name||Position||Term Expiration|
|Jon Paul Bergman||Chair||May 2023|
|Justin McKenzie||Vice Chair||May 2023|
|Daniel Wood||Member||May 2023|
|Rich McCormick||Member||May 2024|
|Steve Stewart||Member||May 2024|
|Josh Surely||Alternate||May 2024|