Planning and Zoning Commission
The Planning and Zoning Commission holds the following responsibilities:
- Prepare and recommend to the City Council for adoption of a comprehensive plan for the city;
- Prepare and recommend to the City Council for adoption of subdivision regulations;
- To approve or disapprove subdivision plats;
- Prepare and recommend to City Council for adoption of zoning regulations and to recommend zoning district boundaries, including the power to hold public hearings, enforce the regulations, and recommend changes in the regulations and district boundaries;
- Prepare and recommend adoption of urban conservation, rehabilitation and redevelopment programs allowed by state law;
- Report on planning and zoning problems that are referred for review by the City Manager or the City Council; and
- Prepare such surveys, reports, and studies as are required for the above and other authorized purposes.
- Consider variances to development regulations.
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets at 6 p.m. on the first Monday of each month or whenever a special meeting is called by the chairman of the commission. Meetings are held in the Ronald C. Bowman Council Chambers at City Hall – 447 N. Main Street in Boerne.
The Planning and Zoning Commission is comprised of seven members, each appointed by the mayor and approved by City Council to serve a three-year term. Members must reside with the city limits or within the extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) of the City of Boerne. Send an email to the commissioners.
|Member Name||Position||Term Expiration|
|Tim Bannwolf||Chair||June 2023||Email Tim Bannwolf|
|Patrick Cohoon||Vice Chair||June 2024||Email Patrick Cohoon|
|Bob Cates||Secretary||June 2024||Email Bob Cates|
|Susan Friar||Member||June 2024||Email Susan Friar|
|Joe Anzollitto||Member||June 2022||Email Joe Anzollitto|
|Bill Bird||Member||June 2022||Email Bill Bird|
|Lucas Hiler||Member||June 2023||Email Lucas Hiler|