How to apply for permits
Code Enforcement accepts and processes permit applications for work done in the city limits of Boerne by registered contractors. Permit applications can be submitted in one of three ways:
- In Person: Applications can be submitted at City Hall, located at 447 N. Main Street in Boerne. The Code Enforcement office is on the second floor. Office hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Email: Permit applications can be submitted by email to Troy Simmons at [email protected].
- Online: Permit applications can be submitted through the City of Boerne’s online portal. Learn more about online permitting below.
View, Submit, and Pay for Permits Online
To access permits online, contractors must first create an account through the City of Boerne's online portal if you don't already have one. Once you have an account and are logged in, you will need to complete the form titled "Register to View Building Permits Online."
Once completed, your request to access online permitting will be sent to Code Enforcement for processing, and you will be notified via email when online registration is complete. Use the links below to complete the online permit registration.
- Visit the City of Boerne’s portal to start your online registration.
- Download a step-by-step guide to online registration.
Each permit application includes a fee that must be paid upon permit approval. The current permit fees went into effect Jan. 1, 2020. Please disregard any handouts and handbooks that may state different fees and codes. Click here to review the current fee ordinance.
Online receipts act as the permit copy. Hard copies can be emailed but take extra time and are not necessary as long as you have the online receipt. To obtain a hard copy of your permit, email [email protected].
Download Permit Applications
If you plan to submit a permit application in person or by email instead of through the online portal, you can download the PDF applications below.
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Commercial Building Permit Checklist
- Transfer of Utilities for New Commercial Business
- Backflow Program Registration and Testing Packet
- Electrical Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- New Landscape Permit Application
- Outdoor Lighting Checklist
- Plumbing-Irrigation Permit Application
- Swimming Pool and Accessory Structure Permit Application
Contact Code Enforcement with any questions about permits:
- Phone: (830) 248-1529
- Email: Troy Simmons at [email protected]