Public Protection Classification - PPC
- The Insurance Services Organization (ISO) utilizes a Fire Suppression Rating Schedule (FSRS) in reviewing a community's firefighting capabilities.
- A numerical grading called Public Protection Classification (PPC) reflects variables such as water sources, automatic aid agreements, personnel, dispatch operations, distance to responding fire stations, and other information.
- This information helps insurance companies assess homeowners polices in regards to fire protection.
Boerne Fire Department Insurance Protection Ratings
Inside the City Limits of Boerne
- If you reside inside the City of Boerne your Insurance Service Organization rating is 2.
Outside the City Limits
- If you reside outside the city limits of Boerne, you are considered Outside Protection Area (OPA) and the rating is a split class of 2/2y.
- With a split class, all property located within 1,000 feet of a fire hydrant and within five miles of the fire station will use class 2.
- All property located farther than 1,000 feet of a fire hydrant and within five miles of the fire station will use class 2y.
- All other property will be considered a 10.
- The response time will be six to 15 minutes, depending how far you live from the station.
Depending on the type of incident, one or more of the following units will respond:
- 1 - Command vehicle
- 3 - 1,500 gpm pumpers that each carry 750 gallons of water and CAFS
- 1 - 2,000 gpm pumper with 100-foot aerial
- 1 - 2,100 gallon tender with 500 gpm pump and quick dumps
- 1 - 2,500-gallon tender with 1,250 gpm pump and quick dumps
- 1 - Brush truck that carries 700 gallons of water with 190 gpm pump and CAFS
- 2 - Brush trucks that carries 500 gallons of water with a 250 gpm pump and Class A foam
- 1 - Brush truck that carries 600 gallons of water with a 250 gpm pump and Class A foam
- 1 - Heavy duty rescue and utility apparatus
- 2 - Zodiac rescue water craft
- 1 - First Responder vehicle