Hiring Off-Duty Officers
Off Duty Management
The Boerne Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of its off-duty officers.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK, or by calling 1-877-636-8300. Click here to request off-duty officers online.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the customer:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK software including:
- Job status
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the customer, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 customer service through their toll-free number
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling, invoicing, and payroll
Below are the hourly rates for hiring each type of off-duty officer. Please note: there is a three-hour minimum per request.
- Regular: $56.50 / hour
- Traffic: $56.50 / hour
- Supervisor: $62.15 / hour
- Holiday Officer: $67.80 / hour
- Emergency Less than 7 Days Notice: $62.15 / hour
- Emergency Less than 72 hours Notice: $67.80 / hour
- Vehicle Fee First Hour: $39.55
- Vehicle Fee Each Additional Hour: $5.65 / hour
More than four officers requires a supervisor.
The holiday rate will apply to the following days: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Columbus Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
The Emergency request rate of $62.15 will apply to requests received within 7 days (168 hours), but before 72 hours of the scheduled start time. An Emergency Request rate of $67.80 will apply to requests received within 72 hours of the scheduled start time.
Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled, vendors canceling or reducing assignments are required to pay the full ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. Vendors canceling or reducing assignments within 48 hours of the start of the assignment are required to pay the greater of officer hours worked or the agency minimum hours plus ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment.