- Customer Care and Billing
- Garbage and Recycling
- Weekly Curbside Collection
Weekly Curbside Collection
Find Your Collection Days
Waste Management collects trash and recycling once per week. Some residents might have trash and recycling pick up on the same day, but most do not. Use the links below to find your collection days.
- See a Garbage Collection Map/Schedule.
- See a Recycling Collection Map/Schedule.
- See an Interactive Map of Collection Days.
Boerne residents use a 96-gallon green wheeled bin with a green lid for items considered trash and a 64-gallon green wheeled bin with a yellow lid for recyclables.
Bins must be at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on collection days to ensure pickup and may be set out after 5 p.m. the evening before collection days.
- Trash goes in the green bin with the green lid. All trash must be inside the bin. Waste Management will not collect trash outside the bin.
- Recyclables go in the green bin with yellow lid. All recyclables must be LOOSE inside the bin. Waste Management will not collect recyclables outside the bin.
- Do not overfill bins. Lids must close securely.
- Avoid placing rocks, dirt, and other heavy items in the bins. Bins that cannot be lifted will be left so the customer can redistribute the contents for the following week’s pickup or for the bulky item collection.
- Place bins five feet from obstructions, such as vehicles or mailboxes, and within one foot from the curb or fence. Place bins four feet apart with the handles facing your home or fence.
- Do not obstruct the collection of bins or bulk items by parking vehicles in the vicinity.
Replacing a Garbage or Recycling bin
If your garbage or recycling bin is stolen or damaged, contact Customer Service at (830) 249-9511 option 1 to get a replacement or submit one of the forms below.
- Request a replacement garbage bin (wastewheeler).
- Request a replacement recycling bin.
- Request a second garbage bin (wastewheeler) for inside city limits or outside city limits.
What Can I Recycle?
To ensure the items you place in your recycle bin (yellow lid) are in fact recyclable, please refer to the lists below.
Please place the following items in your recycle bin with the yellow lid.
- Plastic Bottle and Containers (must be empty)
- Food and beverage cartons (pizza boxes)
- Flattened cardboard and paperboard (cereal boxes, etc.)
- Food and beverage cans
- Glass bottle and jars
Please do NOT place the following items in your recycle bin with the yellow lid.
- No food waste or liquids
- No plastic wrap or bags (including grocery bags)
- No Styrofoam or other foam products
- No napkins, paper towels, tissue paper, plastics cups or plastic utensils
- No window or auto glass
- No glass or metal cookware/bakeware
- No household appliances or electronics
- No clothes, textiles, or fabrics
- No microwavable trays (TV dinners)
- No porcelain or ceramics
- No clothes hangers (plastic or wired)
- No needles, syringes, or other medical supplies
- No propane tanks or batteries
- No light bulbs
- No yard waste