Contractor Registration

House under contstruction

How to Register as a Contractor

Contractors must be registered with the City of Boerne to work in the city limits and to submit the permit applications required for projects.

Contractor registration is done through the SmartGov online portal. Registration with the City of Boerne is required to work in the city limits and to submit permit applications for projects.

Follow the instructions on this page to create a SmartGov account and register with the City of Boerne. Download a step-by-step guide and watch the video tutorial at the bottom of this page for additional help.

Please call (830) 248-1529 or email Permitting and Code Compliance for questions about SmartGov and registering with the City of Boerne.

Creating a SmartGov Account

Visit the SmartGov online portal to create an account. Click the “sign up” link at the top right corner of the page and complete the prompts to set up an account.

Registering with the City

To register as a contractor with the City of Boerne:

  • Log in to your SmartGov account.
  • Click on “Contractor Registration and Licensing” from the dropdown menu and complete the prompts to proceed with your registration.
  • A pop-up window will appear and confirm your status as “pending” and direct you to the license home page to continue the process. (Please note: During the contractor registration steps, you will be asked for your site location. This is referring to the address of your business, not a job site.)
  • From the license home page, click “Go to my new license” and upload any required documents listed in the “Submittals” section. Staff will be unable to process your contractor registration until all required submittals have been uploaded and verified.

Once approved, you will be able to apply for permits for your selected trade.