City Social Media Accounts and Policy
The City of Boerne and its various departments and offices manage several social media accounts on multiple platforms to communicate with the public. This page includes a list of city-maintained social media accounts and an overview of our Social Media Policy.
Contact the Communications Department with any questions related to the city's social media presence and social media policy.
City-Maintained Social Media Accounts
See below for a list of accounts and their corresponding departments.
City of Boerne – City Government
- Facebook - City of Boerne Facebook
- Twitter - City of Boerne Twitter
- YouTube - City of Boerne YouTube
- Nextdoor - City of Boerne Nextdoor
- Website - City of Boerne online
Parks and Recreation
- Facebook - Parks and Rec. Facebook
- Instagram - Parks and Rec. Instagram
- Website - Parks and Rec. online
- Facebook - Police Department Facebook
- Instagram - Police Department Instagram
- Nextdoor - Police Department Nextdoor
- Website - Police Department online
Boerne Book and Art Festival
Patrick Heath Public Library
- Facebook - Public Library Facebook
- Instagram - Public Library Instagram
- Website - Public Library online
Patrick Heath Public Library Children’s Corner
Art Al Fresco
Dickens on Main
- Facebook - Dicken on Main Facebook
- Instagram - Dickens on Main Instagram
- Website - Dickens on Main online
Hill Country Mile
- Facebook - Hill Country Mile Facebook
- Instagram - Hill Country Mile Instagram
- Website - Hill Country Mile online
Social Media Policy
The City of Boerne adopted a Social Media Policy to ensure the proper, effective and best-informed use of social media platforms by City of Boerne employees and volunteers for work purposes. This policy provides guidance for how the city communicates to employees, residents, visitors, businesses and various audiences through social media platforms. This policy also provides guiding principles for use of city social media accounts.
Comments posted by others to city social media accounts do not necessarily reflect the views or position of the city. “Follows” from city social media accounts do not reflect endorsements. City of Boerne social media accounts are designated/limited forums.
The City of Boerne may hide comments posted on city social media accounts if the comment meets one of the following conditions:
- Comments that are not related to the post topic;
- Violates the Social Media Platform’s terms of service;
- Contains information about official city business that is legally deemed confidential and should not be made public;
- Profane, sexual, pornographic or obscene comments or submissions;
- Comments that are racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or otherwise discriminatory based on a protected class as per Title VI, Civil Rights Law;
- Include information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Solicitations of commerce and advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency;
- Comments that suggest or encourage violence or illegal activity or threaten any person; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.