Tutor.com is available 7 days a week from 12pm-12am. Connecting with a tutor is easy. You just need your library card and any Internet-connected device. Head to the Boerne Public Library’s catalog page and click on TUTOR.COM to create your account today. Connect. Learn. Go!
Patrick Heath Public Library has it all for teens - great books, computer access, and cool programs throughout the year. Beginning in September the HUB will host 4 new programs during Teen Time (Monday-Friday 4-6pm):
- MOVE MONDAY: Every Monday, we'll meet in HUB for an activity to get kids moving. We'll be using VR, playing Just Dance, or taking the party to our back lawn for lawn games. Check out the HUB every Monday to see what activity we have planned!
- ANIME WEDNESDAYS: Wednesday's this Fall, we'll meet in the HUBs game room for anime, games, crafts and discussions! If you love anime, this is a can't miss program at the library!
- THURSDAY CRAFTER'NOON: Thursdays, starting in September we'll be makin' in the HUB! Crafts will include bracelets, buttons, vinyl stickers, jewelry and more!
- FRIDAY FIGHT CLUB!: Are you a gamer? Join us on Fridays in the HUB as we throw down on Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Mario Party on the projector!
Also Returning Tuesdays this Fall:
- TEEN COLORING CLUB: Join Caren for conversations and coloring in the upstairs conference room every Tuesday.
Teens, "Like" and follow us on Facebook and Instagram to receive the latest updates and information on upcoming events! Like what you do at the library? Share your experiences at the library as well as photos and clips @boernelibrary. Be sure to also check out our events calendar for times and locations of all our great activities! No library card required.
|The Alex Awards are given to ten books written for adults that have special appeal to young adults, ages 12 through 18. The winning titles are selected from the previous year's publishing. The Alex Awards were first given annually beginning in 1998 and became an official ALA award in 2002.|
|The William C. Morris YA Debut Award, first given in 2009, honors a book published by a first-time author writing for teens and celebrating impressive new voices in young adult literature. The award's namesake is William C. Morris, an influential innovator in the publishing world and an advocate for marketing books for children and young adults.|
|The Michael L. Printz Award is an award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature. It is named for a Topeka, Kansas school librarian who was a long-time active member of the Young Adult Library Services Association.|
|Boerne Independent School District Summer Reading Assignments are available for the current school year for Pre-AP and AP students attending either Middle School or High School in the district.|
Mon, Sep 26Vaqueros Gallery Exhibit, Monday & Tuesday Please stop in the PHPL Gallery and visit “Vaquero: Genesis of the Texas Cowboy,” an exhibition crea...Read On
Mon, Sep 26Reality Readers Book Group, Monday, September 26th @ Noon The Reality Readers Book Group will meet today to discuss "The Secret Rescue," by Cate Lin...Read On
Mon, Sep 26Move Mondays for Teens! Mondays @ 4:00 pm Teens are invited to meet in the HUB for an activity to get kids moving. We'll be using VR, playing...Read On