I-10 Construction News
Over the next 12-18 months, there will be significant progress made on the two replacement bridges (Main Street and Bandera Road) over I-10. Work will also continue on the access road improves and conversion to one-way traffic. The city will utilize this webpage to provide updates as we receive them from the contractor and TxDOT.
Below is an approximate timeline of progress over the upcoming months.
Main Street/Business Highway 87 at I-10
Tear down the existing Highway 87/Main Street bridge. This closure has been pushed back to May 14-17 and will require full closure of the main lanes of I-10 in both directions. The closure would begin at 9 p.m. on May 14 and end by 5 a.m. May 17.
Begin construction on the new accompanying bridge.
Access road progress points between Scenic Loop Road and Main Street:
- Allow new access from Business Highway 87/Main Street onto the I-10 eastbound main lanes.
- Open new eastbound exit ramp to Scenic Loop Road.
- Open new east-west turnaround under Scenic Loop Road.
- Open new eastbound entrance ramp from Business Highway 87/Main Street.
Bandera Road/Highway 46 at I-10
Open the new Highway 46 turnaround bridge to allow westbound frontage road traffic to access the new eastbound frontage road.
- Add new pavement up to the new bridge structure and allow the contractor to move traffic off the existing Highway 46 bridge onto the new bridge structure.
- Reconstruct the northbound Highway 46 lanes from Home Depot up to the new Highway 46 bridge.
- Construct the new eastbound frontage road at the new bridge structure.
- Construct Backage Road 2 in front of the Chili’s.
Access road projects between Highway 46 to Main Street intersection:
- Allow new access from Highway 46/Bandera Road onto the I-10 eastbound main lanes.
- Open new eastbound entrance ramp from Highway 46.
- Open new eastbound exit ramp to Business Highway 87/Main Street.
- Construct new eastbound frontage road pavement up to grade to new Main Street overpass bridge, which will restore EBFR direct access to northbound Business Highway 87/Main St. into Boerne.
- Construct new access from Highway 46/Bandera Road onto the I-10 eastbound and westbound main lanes
- Open new eastbound exit ramp to Highway 46/Bandera Road.
- Open new westbound entrance ramp from Highway 46/Bandera Road.
- Tear down the existing Highway 46 bridge.
Begin construction on additional Highway 46 bridge.