- Visit Boerne
- Where to Stay
- Additional Resources
- 101 Things To Do in Boerne NOW!
101 Things To Do in Boerne NOW!
There's something for everyone here in Boerne! This list is by no means everything that Boerne has to offer, so if you have a favorite activity that is missing let us know. We can always add a #102!
- Start your Boerne adventure off right with a trip to the Boerne Visitors Center.
- Take the free Art al Fresco Audio Tour. Post #boerneart with any art pic you snap.
- Paddle across Boerne City Lake on board from Hill Country Paddle Sports. The Megalodon can accommodate multiple people!
- Tire out the kiddos at Arrows Active Play Park.
- Say "Hi!" to Rex the T-Rex at Cascade Caverns.
- Slide down the "Mountain" at KinderPark.
- Keep an eye out for our local artists painting en plein air around town.
- Hit the trail on horseback.
- Try avocado ice cream at Salty and Sweet.
- Catch a concert down in the Cave Without a Name.
- children dressed in traditional German clothing photographed jumping in front of the "Greetings from Old TowSample a famous Fickle Pickle, then purchase a jar to take home from Carousel Antiques and Fickle Pickle!
- Step back in time with the free Historic Walking Tour. Pick up a copy at the Visitors Center or download it now.
- Get locked up at the Kendall Co. Historic Jail Museum.
- Pop some Boba in your mouth or have your picture printed on top of your latte at The Bubble Tea Factory.
- Visit 3 “Free Little Libraries” on the Hill Country Mile; Bear Moon Bakery, A Little Nature Store, and Klein Smokehaus.
- Spend the night in one of the oldest hotels in Texas, The Kendall.
- Walk all the way across the dam at Boerne City Lake Park.
- Pot your own plant at Southern Voice's Plant Bar.
- Eat a giant cookie or pick up a famous “Piggie” from Bear Moon Bakery.
- Play yard games on the porch at Cibolo Creek Brewing Co.
- Pose for a pic in front of the Boerne Postcard on the side of The Corner Cartel building. Use #boernemural.
- Order a genuine Czech kolache from Little Gretel.
- Watch a real blacksmith in action at The AgriCultural Museum.
- Chill in the Salt Cave at Puresol Spa.
- Explore the educational gardens at the Farmers Market at the Cibolo.
- Take a sailing lesson from Captain Chapa with Trisum Sailing at Boerne City Lake Park.
- Climb the Adventure Tower or go down the zipline at Don Strange Ranch.
- Play a round of golf or hit balls at the driving range at Tapatio Springs.
- Go on a guided night hike at the Cibolo Center for Conservation. Preregister online.
- Watch the bats fly out at Old Tunnel State Park. Make your reservation early!
- Sip on a cold beer or a glass of wine while you walk and shop the Hill Country Mile. YES, you can do this!
- Watch the sunset from the top of the dam at Boerne City Lake Park.
- Let the little ones play on the “Nature Playground” at the Cibolo Nature Center.
- Take a Coffee Crawl in all the coffee shops on the Hill Country Mile.
- Relax in the Guadalupe River at James Kiehl River Bend Park.
- Order a slice of the “Best Coconut Cream Pie in the World” at The Dienger Trading Co.! The tally chalkboard currently says 1,232 folks have claimed this.
- Bird watch from a bird blind at Kreutzberg Canyon Natural Area or Guadalupe River State Park.
- Snap a selfie with Wild Bill Hickok at Main Plaza. Use #wildbillselfie!
- Take your pooch to the dog park at Dog and Pony Grill or Joshua Springs Park and Preserve.
- Tour the Kuhlmann-King Historical House for a glimpse at early life in Boerne.
- Watch a Flamenco show at Botero Wine + Tapas.
- Read the Guardian Gander poem by his statue in River Road Park. Use #boerneart
- Select your favorite piece of ceramic art and make it 100% unique at the Makers Place.
- Saddle up for a drink at the oldest bar in the Texas Hill Country located inside Richter Tavern.
- Chat it up with a local artist at one of the two artist co-op galleries: Carriage House Gallery and Gallery 195.
- Shoot some clays or schedule a hunt at Joshua Creek Ranch.
- Walk through the Texas Treasures Sculpture Garden.
- Reminisce about times gone by while antique shopping around town.
- Make a keepsake you will proudly display in your home at Board and Brush.
- Plan for a private art party at Gina Marie’s Art Studio.
- Grab your board and hit the halfpipe at the Boerne Skate Park.
- Take a walk down the Old No. 9 Trail, a train-track-turned trail that cuts through town.
- Walk in dinosaur tracks at the Cibolo Center for Conservation.
- Snap the coolest retro-nostalgia photos while strolling through all the vintage roadside relics at Flashback Funtiques. Use #flashbackfuntiques!
- Enjoy 100-acre Texas Hill Country views when you stay at the 3-story Hill Country Tower.
- BYO instrument and join the fun at the twice-monthly Bluegrass Jam held at The AgriCultural. (2nd & 4th Saturdays)
- Take the Historic Cemetery Tour!
- Find a discounted literary treasure or two at The Bookshop Under the Windmill; a gently-used bookstore.
- Join a “come as you are” Saturday morning yoga class at the Historic Herff Homestead during the Farmers Market at the Cibolo.
- Stroll down the Walk of Honor at Veterans Plaza.
- Sprout some wings in front of the mural at The Sanctuary. Use #sanctuaryvintage.
- Are you a YMCA member? Check-in and workout at the local branch.
- TACO ‘bout Boerne. Compare breakfast tacos from Boerne’s local Mexican food restaurants.
- Shop like a chef at Kiss the Cook.
- Download a Geocaching app and hunt for caches around town.
- Grab a snow cone at The Stand and stroll down the Cibolo Trail.
- Bowl a game or two at the Boerne Turn Verein.
- Venture to Apache Rifleworks to target shoot. You can rent equipment there.
- Pick up some BBQ to go from Klein’s Meat Market for a picnic at River Road Park.
- Up your home bartending game and register for a cocktail workshop at Assemble Cocktail.
- Hunt for fossils in the exterior walls of St Peters Catholic Church (1923 building).
- Look for edible souvenirs at Epicure Gourmet Market and Texas Gourmet Pantry.
- Pick up a Boerne T-Shirt at one of the many shops that carry them on the Hill Country Mile.
- Get in the holiday spirit early at The Christmas Shoppe, “where it’s Christmas every day”!
- Pick up some authentic western duds at Billy’s Western Wear or Wheeler’s Western Outfitters and Boutique.
- Catch a local show put on by the Boerne Community Theatre.
- Pamper yourself with a massage or a pedicure at one of the local spas.
- Take a scenic drive to Hill Country Pottery. You may get to see them in action and learn about the process of creating pottery!
- Enjoy a flight on the porch at the Dodging Duck Brewhaus.
- Scratch your history itch and check out the photos on The Dienger Trading Co.’s timeline wall.
- Grab a cup of joe at Black Rifle Coffee Co. This is their first brick-and-mortar location in Texas!
- Pick up museum-quality gifts for loved ones (or yourself) at Bechants.
- Boerne has 7 thrift stores. Hit them all up for some sweet deals!
- Plan for a full day of hiking and trek to the Bauer Unit at Guadalupe River State Park.
- Hit some balls in the batting cages at The Dugout. You can borrow the equipment there.
- Order a “Brainstorm” at Bumdoodlers. It’s a funny name, but it’s an awesome sammie. You also don’t want to miss their broccoli cheese soup or pie!
- Take a scenic drive and pick up bottles of wine to go from the Kendall County Wineries. Have a relaxing tasting once you get back to Boerne.
- Shop the popular Boerne Market Days 2nd weekend of the month at Main Plaza!
- Pick up a handmade dog treat for your fur baby at Fetch and Friskers.
- Play a round of disc golf at Boerne City Lake Park.
- Fall in love with 100% handmade products at Handmade on Main.
- See the 1614 Low German Bible located at the Patrick Heath Public Library. It is one of fewer than 10 copies in the WORLD!
- Meander through the marsh on the boardwalk at the Cibolo Nature Center. You may even see a nutria darting through the water or on one of their own little trails through the grass.
- Get hitched or plan a romantic honeymoon at one of the many stunning Hill Country venues in the area.
- Participate in a hands-on DIY workshop at The Sanctuary or Handmade on Main. (Preregister online)
- Eat a “Luckenbach Lollypop” at Blackboard BBQ.
- Pick out a bedtime story from The Boerne Bookshop located within 153 Main.
- Cut open a geode at Cave Without A Name.
- Head to Sach's Garage and watch the artisans at J.Forks Designs at work.
- Make Boerne your “Hill Country Hub” while you day trip around the Texas Hill Country.
- RELAX and do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!