Conservation & Drought Management
Stage 2 Water Conservation
Beginning August 3, 2018, the City of Boerne will be under Stage 2 Water Conservation restrictions. Hot temperatures and very little rain have created the need for all area residents to save water. Let's all work together to be good stewards by conserving this precious resource!
If you have questions, or if you'd like more information regarding Stage 2 Water Conservation, please contact the City of Boerne's Utility Customer Service at 830-249-9511, Option 1.
|Stage 2 Water Conservation|
|Landscape watering with sprinklers or irrigation systems is allowed ONLY between 7 pm - 11 am and ONLY on one designated day per week according to street address (details below).|
|Hand watering with a hose, bucket, or soaker hose is allowed any day, at any time. However, it is not recommended between 11 am - 7 pm to prevent evaporation loss.|
|Vehicle washing at home is permitted with a pail or bucket, and with positive shut-off nozzles only.|
|Restaurants are prohibited from serving water to customers except when specifically requested by the customer.|
|Residents with swimming pools or hot tubs may refill these as needed, but ONLY on their designated outdoor watering day and ONLY between 7 pm - 11 am.|
|Properly functioning drip irrigation systems are allowed.|
|Identify and eliminate defective or leaking plumbing.|
|Please do not waste water.|
|Address ends with:||0 or 1||2 or 3||4 or 5||6 or 7||8 or 9|
|Your watering days:||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday|
- Use mulch in your landscape beds to avoid moisture loss.
- Use soaker hoses in landscape beds.
- Lawns need no more than 1" water per week.
- Create watering zones in your yard and only water those areas near your foundation.
- If you're using a sprinkler system (1 time per week only), be sure that sprinkler heads are watering only yard and garden areas, not pavement.
- Use a broom instead of water to clean sidewalks, patios, and driveways.
- Take short showers rather than baths.
- Only run washing machines and dishwashers with full loads.
Average Monthly Payment Plan
Your monthly Utility bills can fluctuate based on usage. Avoid a higher than average bill during the warmer months with the City of Boerne's Average Monthly Payment Plan (AMPP). When you enroll in the AMPP, your Utility bill is generally about the same amount all year long. Contact the Boerne Utilities Billing office today to see if you are eligible and get signed up! You can download a copy of the sign-up form here.