Boerne Utilities offers customers several convenient ways to pay their bills. Review the options below to learn how you can pay your bill.
Please note, utility payments are due no later than 5 p.m. on the billing due date, regardless of the payment method. Payments made after that deadline are subject to penalty.
If you have any questions, you can call Customer Care and Billing at (830) 249-9511 Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. You can also email Billing directly.
If you would like to pay your utility bill online, you will need to register on the City’s online payment website. To do this, you will need:
- A valid email address to use as a username for logging in and for billing and payment confirmations.
- Your utility account number.
- The amount of your last payment.
Click here to register to pay your bills online. If you already have an online account, you can log in with your email address and password.
Additional Information on Online Payments
Please review the following important information about online payments.
- Online payments can only be made with credit or debit cards. Online checks are not accepted.
- The credit card payment limit without being assessed a processing fee is $3,000. A 3% processing fee will be assessed on any portion in excess $3,000. Partial payment to avoid the assessment of the fee will also be subject to the 3% fee.
- To avoid duplicate payments, please be patient when making your payment online. Once you have submitted your payment, wait for the confirmation. If you suspect you have made a duplicate payment, please contact Billing by phone at (830) 249-9511 or by email to [email protected].
- There is a 24-hour delay between the time your account is updated in our office and the time that information is displayed on the payment website. Always be aware that the information you are viewing on the payment website is the previous day’s information. Therefore, if a penalty has been posted to your account on the day you make your payment, it will not be reflected on the website for 24 hours after posting.
Automatic Draft Payments
If you would like to set your utility payment to automatically draft from your bank account each month, you will need to complete the ACH Draft Form and provide a voided check.
You may submit your completed form to Customer Care and Billing by email, by fax to (830) 249-2580, or drop it off Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at City Hall, located at 447 N. Main Street in Boerne.
City Hall Payments
Boerne Utilities customers can pay their bills in person at City Hall, located at 447 N. Main Street in Boerne.
You can come inside City Hall to speak directly to a Customer Care representative Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Payment options include:
- Credit Card
- Money Order / Cashier’s Check
Payment Drop Box
A payment drop box is located in the City Hall parking lot at the north end of the building. Drop off is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Payments are collected from the box Monday – Friday at 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Payment options include:
- Money Order / Cashier’s Check
If you’d like to make a payment by credit or debit card over the phone, you can do so anytime by calling Customer Care and Billing at (830) 249-9511 and pressing option 1 twice when the call is answered.
A technology fee of $1.25 will be applied to your card when paying over the phone. The fee will appear as a separate transaction on your credit card or bank statement.
Text Message Payments
Follow the steps below to sign up for text message payments:
- Call (855) 606-3486 and select the option to pay via text.
- You will then receive a text message to confirm your signup.
- After confirming, you will receive a text message whenever a new balance is posted to your account.
- To make a payment, reply to the text with “Pay.”
- You will then receive a confirmation text with the receipt number.
When you pay via text message, the payment is drawn from your credit card or checking account information on file with Boerne Utilities.