For the Brew Fan
It’s hard to beat the Texas Hill Country when it comes to crafting a weekend full of fun. Speaking of crafting, Boerne has found itself on the craft brew map these days. Four different breweries and multiple beer gardens call Boerne home, and folks love to come chill and enjoy a beer or two. This itinerary will give you a full list of activities centered around our favorite brews in town. Visit our Things to Do, Where to Shop, Where to Eat, and Where to Stay pages to find out how to make the most out of your dream getaway!
Day 1: Art, Shopping, and Beer
- Everyone could use a little handcrafted caffeine to get their morning started. There is no better place to wake up than at The Dienger Trading Co. Leave room for a tasty treat from the bakery. Don’t forget to browse the bookstore and boutique before you head out. Or fuel up for the day with classic breakfast fare, including fine-quality meats from Klein Smokehaus!
- After breakfast, get acquainted with the town by strolling down Boerne’s Hill Country Mile shopping district and wandering the Boerne Trails System. Sculptural displays belonging to Art Al Fresco dot the landscape as you amble by.
- History buffs will want to pick up a map and spend the morning cruising the town streets, learning about the city’s colorful past during a do-it-yourself Historic Walking Tour.
- After a busy morning, your tummy will be rumbling again, urging you to search out lunch. Check out the Dodging Duck Brewhaus with its mouth-watering menu of burgers, salads, and sandwiches. Kids can order from the Duckling menu. Stick around for the afternoon and imbibe in a beer flight of some (or all) of the Dodging Duck’s award-winning brews.
- Take a step back in time with a smash burger, old-fashioned shake, hand-dipped corndog, and a craft beer at Hamby's, one of Boerne's newest craft breweries and eateries!
- Free Roam Brewing Co. welcomes you to lounge in their awesome tasting room and then linger in their beer garden out back for an evening of fun!
Day 2: Lake Fun and Live Music
- Get up and at ’em on Day 2 of your Boerne adventure at Bear Moon Bakery. Featuring awesome coffee (including blends from Texas) and 20 years of baking experience, Bear Moon customers will leave with satisfied bellies after a trip inside. Besides bakery specialties, other breakfast items are available too.
- After breakfast, a trip to Boerne City Lake Park ranks first on the list for another great play day. Choose to investigate the playground, view birds at the bird blind, flit down the path at the butterfly garden, or play a rollicking game of volleyball or Frisbee golf. Looking to get out on the water? Try your hand at fishing or stand-up paddleboarding!
- Hunger pangs will rekindle after all that action on the lake. It's time to head over to Boerne Epicure Gourmet Market. Whether you’re craving beef, turkey, ham, or veggies, Epicure has a sandwich that will put a serious cramp in your craving. Bring a bib. These sammies are big.
- Interested in heading for the hills? Enjoy a scenic hill country drive to Kinematic Brewing Co. and spend the afternoon playing yard games and listening to live music.
- Dinner time means Cypress Grille time. The chef and staff follow a simple philosophy: quality ingredients mixed with a generous dose of flawless technique make great food. Choose from menu items that include offerings from the wood-fired grill, fruits of the sea, or specialty menu selections like eggplant and potato lasagna or pecan-smoked bobwhite quail. Save room for key lime pie or warm bittersweet chocolate cake.
- Craving a more casual dinner outing? Tusculum Brewing Co.'s brewhouse and tasting room are located behind the historic H. O. Adler building and often feature live music in their beer garden. They offer a menu full of light, tasty choices that pair well with their brews.
Day 3: Celebrate All Things Cibolo
- Open since 1996 and smack-dab in the middle of the Hill Country Mile sits the Boerne Daily Grind! Get fresh-baked breakfast goodies to go with your delicious cup o’ joe before heading out on a morning trek!
- Plan one last outdoor excursion at the Cibolo Nature Center. With 100 acres of trails, wilderness, and marshland, Cibolo Nature Center gives you plenty of opportunities to learn about the unique Texas Hill Country landscape and the critters that call it home. The Cibolo Nature Center also holds special events like A Thirst for Nature, the Saturday Farmers Market at the Cibolo, and the Moondance Concert Series.
- Lunchtime brings you back into town for farm-to-table brew-pub fare at a cool Hill Country Mile craft beer joint! Cibolo Creek Brewing Co. is situated in a lovingly refurbished 1908 farmhouse on Main Street. They use locally sourced ingredients to create comforting pub fare like flatbreads, a charcuterie plate, and other tempting choices. The food complements the beer made with personally selected grains and other high-quality ingredients. Their goal is to make the restaurant and bar a place that friends and family feel comfortable hanging around in, so expect a casual and laid-back atmosphere. You’ll find yourself spending a whole afternoon tasting beer and making new friends.
- Feel like getting on the move? Head up the street on foot to Richter Cork and Keg. Choose from a vast array of fine wine and craft beer selections, then cozy up for an afternoon of sipping and relaxing.
- One last brewery for this trip! Plan for an evening of quality conversation, pub food, and maybe some live music inside or on the patio at 28 Songs Brewhouse + Kitchen.
- With fine dining, outdoor activities, locally crafted food and drink, shopping, history, and art, Boerne is a fun-filled destination with a small-town atmosphere and superior hospitality that makes you feel as if you’ve come home. Plan your trip to Boerne today!