We’ve all been there. It’s time to escape with the girls and leave the everyday routine behind. Boerne has the perfect recipe for a girlfriend’s getaway: shopping, wine, spas, fresh air, great food, and a relaxing atmosphere to just be present and enjoy the company of your dear friends that you simply don’t get enough time with. Visit our Things to Do, Where to Shop, Where to Eat, and Where to Stay pages to find out how to make the most out of your dream getaway!
Day 1: Take it Easy Strolling the Hill Country Mile
- A day of shopping takes fuel! Load up on some of the best caffeine in town at The Dienger Trading Co., located just off Main Plaza. The historic Dienger Building has recently had a massive facelift and is one of the most beautiful historic buildings in town. Admire all the hard work over a tasty homemade breakfast made from scratch.
- Serious shoppers could get lost among the sparkle of the Hill Country Mile for days! Trendy clothing boutiques for ladies, children, and men; antique emporiums; jewelry stores for every taste; home and gift shops; art galleries; thrift stores; and more are calling you. So make sure to pack your comfy walking shoes so you can go the distance and shop ALL DAY LONG!
- While you're exploring downtown Boerne, make plans to design your own unique hat with the hatter at J. Forks Design's Hat Bar. It's the perfect souvenir to show off from your Boerne adventure. You can even enjoy a complimentary sip at their whisky bar while you thoughtfully select your hat accessories.
- The halfway point on the mile puts you in line for lunch at the Cibolo Creek Brewing Co., the perfect setting for a mid-day brew (it’s 5 o’clock somewhere, you know) and a lunch filled with the freshest, seasonal, and locally-sourced ingredients.
- Now that tummies are full and happy again, head back up the Hill Country Mile for more shopping! Just in case anyone in your crew has a passion for history and heritage, download or grab the free Historic Walking Tour to unlock stories from Boerne’s past while you pop in and out of the downtown establishments.
- Want to shake things up? Make a reservation for your crew for an afternoon of cocktail crafting at Assemble Cocktail Workshop. There's something there for everyone's palate, including alcohol-free options.
- Time to head to dinner! Do you prefer selections from the sea, like blackened sea scallops and grilled Mahi Mahi? Or maybe something fabulous right off the grill, like beef tenderloin medallions or a pork chop with smoked Gouda cheese and house-made apple sauce? The Cypress Grille has you covered and offers an exemplary wine selection to complement any meal choice.
- Enjoy an after-dinner drink at Salvador Dobbs. They have a vast selection of drink options and even a hidden champagne room behind a moving bookcase wall that makes for a fun, exclusive experience for your girl's night out.
Day 2: Pampering and Wineries
- Begin day two in Boerne with breakfast at a favorite of locals and visitors alike. Bear Moon Bakery offers a well-stocked case full of sweets that will make your taste buds dance. Folks sing praises for their "pigs in a blanket. You will want to grab one to go as a snack if you don’t partake at breakfast time.
- It wouldn’t be a girls’ weekend without a little pampering, would it? Boerne has an assortment of places that are sure to make you feel like the special woman that you are. This is where it’s at, ladies!
- After a morning filled with pampering, head to Peggy’s on the Green for lunch. You can’t go wrong with amazing dishes like crab cakes, Cuban sandwiches, or chicken pot pie. Order some loaded fries for the table and a cocktail or two!
- It’s wine time, ladies, and I’m sure you’re excited and ready for a scenic drive into the Texas Hill Country. Our friends up north in Comfort are home to two wineries. Spend your afternoon at Bending Branch Winery in the hills or their tasting room called the Branch on High in quaint downtown Comfort. They offer a full-tasting space as well as an assortment of shareable appetizers, small plates, and desserts for a social snacking dinner while sipping.
- Singing Water Vineyards offers a scenic creek-side space to lounge in after your tasting for an afternoon and evening of live music. If you time your arrival right, you can snag their “treehouse” for an eagle-eye view of the property and a cozy space to lounge and chat with the girls. They offer a menu of flatbreads, salads, sandwiches, sharable snack plates, and more to enjoy alongside your wine.
- Need more wine options? Sisterdale is a mere 15 minutes from Boerne and is home to Saint Tryphon Farm and Vineyards and Sister Creek Vineyards. Both are sure to please, and they are near Black Board BBQ should you get hungry!
Day 3: Getting Back to Nature
- It's breakfast time again, and one of Boerne's newest breakfast locations, Bakery Loraine, has you covered, from decadent baked goods to other selections like quiche, breakfast sandwiches, or parfaits. If you have a hankering for an epic-sized cinnamon roll, head over to Richter Bakhaus and ask for their famous Flynn Roll. It's being talked about all over social media, and you will soon see why.
- Today’s activities will get you moving to burn off a full weekend of wine, beer, and tasty food calories so you can return home guilt-free! Hit the trail at the Cibolo Nature Center and discover why the Texas Hill Country is so great! We can pack four different ecosystems into one park, and every step holds something new and exciting.
- Interested in heading out a little further down the trail? Make plans for a day trip to Guadalupe River State Park or head down under for a cave tour at Cave Without a Name. Both are located a mere 20 minutes away from downtown Boerne.
- Enjoy a cocktail with lunch at one of the oldest bars in the state, Richter Tavern, or downstairs at Richter Cork and Keg.
- Once you’ve eaten yourself silly again, it’s time to hit the water. Paddleboarding is a blast, and if you haven’t tried it yet, don’t be intimidated; it’s far easier than it looks! Hill Country Paddle Sports will get you set up with the needed gear and lessons to spend the afternoon cruising the lake in style. Get ready to make some memories!
- Feeling festive? Head to Spain for dinner with tasty tapas, sangria, paella, live Spanish guitar music, and maybe even a flamenco dance show at Botero Tapas + Wine Bar!