For the Outdoor Enthusiast
It’s hard to beat the Texas Hill Country when it comes to crafting a weekend full of outdoor exploration. Boerne has so much to offer, you could spend a full week exploring! Available opportunities include parks, trails, caves, rivers, lakes, marshes, creeks, woodlands and more. Discover the beauty that locals love on foot, mountain bike, paddleboard, kayak, inner tube, or on horseback. The choices are endless! Visit our Things to Do, Where to Shop, Where to Eat, and Where to Stay pages to find out how to make the most out of your dream getaway!
Day 1: Guadalupe River State Park
• Start your day off right with a filling breakfast at Bear Moon Bakery. Their all you can eat breakfast buffet is always a good choice. If you prefer to grab your breakfast to go and hit the trail, their jalapeño hog (it’s a serious pig in a blanket) is a great portable breakfast.
• Guadalupe River State Park is a day of fun for the whole family. It has everything from swimming, hiking, biking, and geocaching, as well as a variety of ranger programs. Check out their website for a full schedule. We recommend that you prepare for your full-day state park trip by packing a picnic lunch.
• Feel like relaxing in a tube while exploring the Guadalupe River? Check out Bergheim Campground and River Outfitters for rentals and shuttle service.
• Return from a full day of fun for dinner. Cibolo Creek Brewing Co. is the new brewery on the block offering a full menu of farm-to-table fare. They have casual outdoor patio dining, as well as indoor seating.
Day 2: Lake Play and Some RANDOM Fun
• Grab breakfast at The Dienger Trading Co. Their coffee is fabulous and their breakfast plates are awesome!
• Head out to Boerne City Lake Park and rent some paddleboards. Get ready to make some great family memories while exploring the lake. Paddle boarding is easier than you may think, everyone should give it a try. Once you are off the water, hit the trails or work in a round of disc-golf on the 9-hole course. Grab some sandwiches or BBQ to-go because you are going to want to pack a picnic lunch!
• Locals and visitors alike know where to go for an evening of fun in Boerne. Random Beer Garden is right next door to Boerne City Lake Park and has 80+ beers and ciders on tap. This family-friendly gathering place hosts regular live music and a community spirit. There is even an in-ground monster bounce for the kids. They will sleep well tonight!
• Breakfast at Little Gretel is not complete without one of their kolaches, however their pecan pancakes are great too.
• After breakfast, continue on down the road to spend your morning discovering the beauty of four distinct ecosystems at the Cibolo Nature Center. Dip your toes in the clear waters of the Cibolo Creek under the abundant shade of the Cypress-lined banks. Or stroll along the boardwalk over the marshlands. Tall grass prairies and forest trails make for great hikes. Make plans to attend a workshop or educational program at the center or over at the Herff Farm.
• It doesn’t have to be 5 o’clock to grab a pint. The Dodging Duck Brewhaus offers a variety of dining choices that can be enjoyed on their covered patio or in their charming restaurant. Brewery tours are available upon request.
• The Cave Without A Name is about 10 minutes outside of Boerne and is one of the area’s best kept secrets. The cave’s six rooms are filled with spectacular formations and are a soothing 66° year-round.
• After spending some time underground, come back into town for an evening of fun at Soda Pops Patio Grill and Bar. During the spring, summer and fall months, Hot Rod Nights are scheduled twice a month. Soda Pops is conveniently located right across the street from Main Plaza where many of Boerne’s beloved events take place! Check our calendar of events to plan accordingly.