Banner displays are coordinated through the Public Works Department. Displays are limited to civic / community events and have a maximum display time of two weeks. Reservations may be made up to one year in advance and begin on the first business day of the month for display in the same month of the following year. The reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis. To ensure the best possibility of location and time of display, be first in line in person at 8 a.m. at the Public Works Office, 400 E. Blanco Road on the first business day of the month one year in advance of the display.
Priority for taking reservations is given in the following order:
- Persons waiting in line at the Public Works Office (400 E. Blanco Road) at 8 a.m. on the first business day of the month, taken in the order of arrival.
- Persons arriving or calling after 8 a.m. on the first business day of the month, taken in the order of arrival.
- Persons faxing applications after 8 a.m. on the first business day of the month.
- Persons emailing applications after 8 a.m. on the first business day of the month.
Faxed applications will be taken in the order received only after all waiting in person and telephone customers have been served. Emailed applications will be taken in the order received only after all faxed applications have been served. Faxes and Emails received prior to 8 a.m. on the first business day of the month will not be considered until after all other customers have been served. When the available display options for the month are filled, no other reservations will be taken.
Complete the Banner Display Application (PDF).
Display Location & Cost
Banners are displayed at the following location at the shown cost:
|South Main (U.S. 87) at Kronkosky Street||$115 / two-week period|
All banner displays must be paid for within two weeks of booking. Non-payment may result in the loss of the reservation.
- Banners must be 36 feet by 4 feet with 10 feet of three-eighths of an inch sisal or threaded nylon rope at each corner.
- Banners must be made of polyester netting and in good condition.
- Banners should be delivered to the Public Works Department at City Hall, 400 E. Blanco, one week before time of display.
Please note, banner display times may be altered due to city workload. Electric emergencies have priority over banner displays. The city has the right to refuse the display of any banner that does not meet the above requirements or is deemed to be unsafe for display.
For questions regarding banner displays, contact the Public Works Department at 830-248-1538.