Animal Care Services accepts monetary donations and item donations. We are grateful for the support of the community as we work to provide care to animals in our city.
If you would like to make a donation to Animal Services you may do so in person or by mail at 330 S. Esser Road, Boerne, TX 78006 or over the phone at (830) 249-2456.
Monetary donations can be used in several ways to help the animals in our care. You can make a general donation or choose the area you want to apply your donation. Monetary donations can be used in the following ways:
- Veterinary care - Donations can be put toward the basics, like heartworm testing, DHPP vaccination, rabies vaccination, general wellness exam, deworming, heartworm prevention, flea prevention, and Bordetella vaccination. Occasionally, animals need more costly procedures like spay or neuter, heartworm treatment, mange treatment, ear remedies, and other wellness procedures.
- Adoption fees - You can choose to cover the adoption fee of a particular animal in our care or donate toward any future adoption. Current adoption prices are $90 for cats and $100 for dogs.
- Transport Sponsorship - We always do our best to adopt out every animal needing a home at our facility. However, sometimes a particular animal just is not getting interest for one reason or another. A change of scenery can help an animal that has been in our shelter for an extended period of time. Donations can be used to transport an adopted animal to its new home.
In addition to monetary donations, Animal Services also accepts the following donation items:
- Pedigree or Purina SmartBlend Dry Dog Food
- Purina Cat or Kitten Chow
- Non-clumping cat litter
- Wet kitten and cat food
- Dog and cat crates
- Used towels and blankets
- Bleach and dish soap
- Durable chew toys for dogs (Kong-type), cat toys
- Kitten milk replacer
- Dog and cat treats
Many of these items are also available online and we have created an Amazon Wishlist for items we currently need.