- Feature Links
- New City Hall Project
New Boerne City Hall Project
We are open for business! The new facility houses more than 10 City departments and provides one-stop services for utility customers and the general public. All City Council, Planning and Zoning Commission, Historic Landmark Commission, and Zoning Board of Adjustments meetings are now held in the building located at 447 N. Main Street.
City Council approved the negotiation of an architectural and engineering services contract for the design of the new Boerne City Hall at the September 13, 2016, regularly scheduled City Council meeting.
City Council approved the issuance of Tax Notes to finance the new City Hall project. With assistance from the City's Bond Counsel, bids were accepted and Frost Bank pledged to provide the City with $22 million at a very favorable interest rate of 1.79%.
A City Hall Advisory Committee was appointed Tuesday, June 13, 2017. The committee report was presented at the July 25, 2017, City Council meeting. The City Hall Advisory Committee completed their review of the project scope and estimated construction costs.View the full report (PDF).
The City used the Construction Manager at Risk (CMR) process for the new City Hall project. City Council approved an agreement with Lee Lewis Construction at the February 14, 2017, regularly scheduled City Council Meeting. More about the CMR process (PDF).
A groundbreaking ceremony was held May 10, 2018.
City Hall Advisory Committee
- Jeff Haberstroh - Chair
- Ben Adam
- Robert Thornton
- Bob Vollmer
- Lance Pettigrew/li>
- Bruce Baker
- Christina Bergmann
- Tommy Mathews (alternate)
Ad Hoc Committee Members
Boerne City Council approved the Mayoral appointments to an Ad Hoc Committee and their report was presented to City Council at the June 28, 2016, meeting. We thank them for their time spent reviewing and providing suggestions on the project.
- Christina Bergmann - Chairperson
- David Spencer - District 1
- Barbara Racinowski - District 2
- Kerry Phillip - District 3
- Ben Adam - District 4
- Cathy Spain - District 5
Ad Hoc Committee Meetings
June 8, 2016
June 15, 2016
June 23, 2016
- New City Hall Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Project History (PDF)
- Needs Assessment and Conceptual Design by Randall Scott Architects (PDF)
- Staff prepared draft site plan drawing (PDF)
- Cultural Resources Survey and Preliminary Archeological Testing for the City of Boerne’s Civic Campus Project, Kendall County, Texas (PDF)
- Do we really need a new City Hall?
- What city departments will be in the new City Hall?
- Are there any other three story buildings on Main Street?
- How many employees will be working in the new building?
- Will there be a "drive through" window for payments?
- Why can't the current City Hall be expanded?
- Why build it for 30 years out? Why not for today?