About the Records Division
The records and administration team manages the collection, dissemination, and maintenance of all departmental reports and documents. This includes:
- Responding to requests for information from the public and other law enforcement/governmental agencies;
- Entering information from arrests, compiling case files and forwarding them to the appropriate court for review and possible prosecution;
- Maintaining departmental employee records and training certificates;
- Forwarding animal calls to Animal Service for follow up;
- Filing and maintaining closed and inactive case files;
- Answering non-emergency phone calls;
- Providing customer service to walk-ins at the PD lobby; and
- Managing the admission, maintenance, and destruction of all property seized as evidence by the department during the course of its operations.
The administrators compile monthly reports tracking patrol vehicle mileage and the number of injury and non-injury auto accidents that the department responds to. Click here to request a police report.
Property and Evidence
The Property and Evidence Room is where we maintain the care, custody, and control of all seized evidentiary property until a final disposition is obtained from the courts. Property/Evidence also strives to return all recovered, found, or abandoned property to its rightful owners.
Property may be released by appointment, with proper identification, Tuesday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Contact the Records office by phone at (830) 249-8645.