Boerne Police Department
officer candidates must:
- Be at least 21 years old by date of hire
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate (college hours are a plus)
- Have a passing score on the state certification exam by date of hire
- Have a valid Texas driver's license
- Have completed the Basic Peace Officer Course by date of hire
- Meet all prerequisites as set by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education
- Pass an extensive Background Investigation
- Pass a Written Exam
- Pass a Physical Agility Test
- Participate in an interview panel
- Pass a Medical Exam
- Pass a Psychological Exam (mandatory for new officer with no experience)
Reserves must meet the same qualifications and pass the same testing as regular officers.
After filling out a basic City employment application, the candidate must take a written exam. Candidates are required to pass all portions of the exam in order to move on to the next step in the hiring process.