The library offers many tools to patrons who need help in finding a job, looking for a new career, and who just need to update their skills in their current position.
Here is a list of library resources and links to websites that can help you in your endeavors: Look in our catalog for books on resumé and cover-letter writing, interview techniques, computer software, and many other job related books.
The library does not endorse any of the sites listed. Please use at your own risk.
General Job Sites
- Workforce Solutions - Alamo
- Texas Workforce Commission: This is the site where you can find information on unemployment benefits, claims, and appeals.
- Texas Workforce Commission Jobs Page: There is a lot of information to go through, and you are required to register for jobs either online or at a TWC office.
- Job Postings: Boerne Chamber of Commerce Website.
- MySA Jobs: Job listings from the San Antonio Express-News.
Specific Career Sites
Popular Online Job Sites
- Monster.com: Probably the best known of the job sites. Job seekers can also post their resumes.
- Career Builder: Also posts resumes and offers general job seeking advice.
- College Grad Job Hunter: For recent college graduates
- Job Central National Labor Exchange: Has local jobs and allows the job seeker to apply directly to the company. There are jobs for the disabled, veterans, seniors and students.
- Indeed: an employment-related metasearch engine for job listings.
Build a Resumé
There are a lot of sites for writing resumes and cover letters. Many of them may be found within the sites listed above, others are:
- Cover Letter Maker
- en Español
- eResumes: Has free templates for resumes and cover letters.
- Job Hero
- Monster.com: Also offers free templates.