Parade of Lights
Residential and commercial lighting contest:
- Deadline to enter for the 2014 Parade of Lights is December 16, 2014.
- Judging will take place on December 17.
- All City of Boerne residents and businesses are welcomed and encouraged to participate.
Anyone wishing to view the Parade of Lights can access the below Map for locations of entries.
And The Winners Are!
A Tree that is not a Tree- The Shabby Palette- 402 E. San Antonio
Most Outstanding Lights- A Little Nature Store- 106 E. Theissen
Most Festive- Braces by Bradley- 123 Medical Drive
The Roxanne Schwarz Spirit of the Holidays- Jones Residence-
108 Hagen Dr.
Through a Childs Eyes- Evans Residence- 424 Frey St.
The Griswold award- Taylor Residence- 142 Kitty Kat Ln.
Traditionally Elegant- Voigt Residence- 525 S. Main St.
Contact Tori Bellos with Parks and Recreation with questions, 830-248-1543.
- Best Decorated Street / Neighborhood - This award will go to the community with the highest percentage of lighted participation in a residential display on the night of judging.
- Best Decorated Apartment - This award will go to the best and most enthusiastically lit apartment entered.
- The Griswold Award - Most outstanding and over the top use of lights in a residential display. (Reference: National Lampoons: Christmas Vacation Movie)
- Through a Child's Eyes - Best use of characters, animals and other delights for children of all ages in a residential display
- The Roxanne Schwarz Spirit of the Holidays Award - This award has been renamed and dedicated to the memory of Roxanne Schwarz for her excitement and enthusiasm for the Christmas season and her consistent participation in the Parade of Lights contest here in Boerne. The winner of this award will best display and mirror her spirit and enthusiasm for the holiday in their residential display.
- Traditionally Elegant - Gorgeous lights, greenery, and elegant holiday style.
- Most Outstanding Lights - Best use of lights in a commercial display.
- Most Festive - Most enthusiastic and festive commercial display.
- Best Window Display - Best display in a commercial window.
- Tree that is not a Tree- A Christmas Tree display that is created out of anything that is not a traditional tree material. The display can be in a window or outdoors. It must be visible from the street for judging.